With typical wisdom and lucidity, Lutzer addresses a fundamental question — a question begging for an answer after a frenetic election — Is God really on America’s side? To answer, the reader is carefully led through seven vital principles of a biblical understanding of judgment.
• God can both bless and curse a nation.
• God judges nations based on the amount of light and opportunity they are given.
• God sometimes uses exceedingly evil nations to judge those that are less evil.
• When God judges a nation, the righteous suffer with the wicked.
• God’s judgments take various forms.
• In judgment, God’s target is often His people, not just the general population.
• God sometimes reverses intended judgments.
Throughout, Lutzer’s insights into how Christians should view government equips them “to think with the Bible in one hand and a newspaper in the other.”
Paperback, 104 pages.