Bible Study Resources
Bible study resources from Scripture Truth Book Company
1. King James Bible Online. In 1604, King James I of England authorized that a new translation of the Bible into English be started. It was finished in 1611, just 85 years after the first translation of the New Testament into English appeared (Tyndale, 1526). The Authorized Version, or King James Version, quickly became the standard for English-speaking Protestants. Its flowing language and prose rhythm has had a profound influence on the literature of the past 400 years. The King James Version present on the Bible Gateway matches the 1987 printing. The KJV is public domain in the United States.
2. English Standard Bible Online. ESVBible.org is a key component of Crossway’s ESV Digital initiative. It is a powerful and convenient tool providing access to the ESV Bible and other resources for understanding and applying God’s Word to life.
3. Appalachin Bible College. For 60 years Appalachian Bible College has been a leader among accredited Bible colleges in educating and equipping servants in the Word of God for effective ministry in the local church. Immersion in the Word of God, godly relationships, and hands-on service mold students to think, live, and serve with biblical integrity.
4. The Gospel Coalition. Firmly commitment to renewing faith in the gospel of Christ and to reforming ministry practices to conform fully to the Scriptures The Gospel Coalition is an excellent online resource. They are deeply concerned about certain movements within traditional evangelicalism that seem to diminish the church’s life and leading Christians away from historic biblical beliefs practices.
5. Dallas Theological Seminary. Founded in 1924, Dallas Theological Seminary's mission has been, “to glorify God by equipping godly servant-leaders for the proclamation of His Word and the building up of the body of Christ worldwide.” In other words, they want to help men and women fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment, or more simply: Teach Truth. Love Well.
6. Dr. John Phllips Ministries. John Phillips was a life- long Bible teacher and preacher of God's Word. Born in Britain, he moved to Canada after World War II, where he founded and pastored a small church. Dr. Phillips later joined the staff of Moody Bible Institute where he served for twenty-five years. Dr. Phillips went home to be the Lord in July of 2010.
7. The Works of Josephus. The complete works of the famous Jewish historian, translated by William Whiston.
The Works of Flavius Josephus is in the public domain and may be freely used and distributed.
8. Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Theology. A helpul and practical theological work. With bibliographies for most entries, further study is quite practical. Combined with the power of the Online Study Bible verse search readers can locate theological concepts related to the scripture they are studying.
9. Holman Bible Dictionary. This is primarily a Baptist dictionary.
10. Classic Bible Commentaries. Bible exposition from a some of history's most renowned pastors and scholar.
Would you like more ideas for growing in your personal study of the Bible? Visit the following links to read more about some of our favorite tips, tools, and resources for Bible study.
- Have you been desiring a more consistent pattern of Bible study? In this article, How to Study the Bible, we offer five easy steps to get you on your way.
- Do you want to go deeper in your Bible study but don't know where to start? Visit the Bible Study Topics page for a list of ideas and suggestions for unique circumstances.
- Are you a leader who is looking for some fresh Bible study questions to stimulate the thinking of your group? We are pleased to share some of our favorites with you.
- Do you need just the important facts? This Bible study guide gives you a bird's eye overview of the major divisions and books of the Bible and quick, yet meaningful context as you study God's Word.
- Is your schedule too hectic for a regular Bible study with fellow believers? If so, you'll appreciate the Forty Minute Bible Study series by Kay Arthur. Each study in the series last for six weeks and can be done in 40 minutes with no homework. Read our review of this excellent Bible study series.
- Personal Bible study is a vital part of the Christian life. We offer many excellent choices from well-known conservative teachers and writers. Visit our Bible Study categories page to browse our collections and find the perfect study for your situation.